Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sectional model railway for sale


I am selling my old model railway sectional layout. Built before the earthquakes and never finished because of a change in focus. Combined length is 10.2 metres. Each module is 1800mm long except for one which is 1200mm. Widest module is 900mm across. Was built for On30 but could be used for HO/OO or Sn3.5 NZR.

Mostly constructed from sheets of goldfoam (high density polystyrene). Scenery contours made from polystyrene covered in PVA soaked paper towel. Fascias made from MDF. Module ends are constructed from two pieces of plywood laminated and sealed with polyurethane. They are joined with bolts and wingnuts (included).  I used gorrilla polyurethane glue so these are quite solid. Much lighter than traditional methods. Ready for laying foam rubber trackbed.

Scenery can be modified and added to quite easily. Original idea was for a yard and station at one end and a small yard at the other. Because they are sectional you could separate them and add in curves or fit them in a garage as needed. Would make a great start to a exhibition layout. I'm happy to help the buyer with tips and details of how i built them.

Selling so I have the room to build a more ambitious NZ48 layout of the Seddonville branch/Chasm creek.

Can deliver in Christchurch. Can be viewed in Kirwee. Call me on 0211091510

I would like these to go to a good home where they will be finished. If you are interested please contact me to discuss.













0 comments: