Friday, July 23, 2010

Warrick the Wombat


A project I finished a couple of months back; to realise the creative vision of Mark Kolbe. It was a challenge and I had great fun doing it. It was hard to capture the stockiness and strength of the wombat and put it into a humanoid form. He has interchangeable heads and each one had to portray a different emotion. Not an easy thing to do with a wombat. I soon realised quite a lot of the emotion comes from the eyes.

He was sculpted in Super Sculpey and then moulded with RTV silicone. I cast in easycast urethane. Had some issues with bubbles; next time I will have to use a pressure vessel.

Anyway, lots of things learnt from the project and I'm happy with the outcome. If I ever get another go I reckon I can do a much better job, especially at the casting stage.









You can see some of Warrick's first adventures here:

http://warrickwombat.blogspot.com/2010/05/welcome-to-wanderings-of-warrick-wombat.html

0 comments: